Many hospices. Only one Ark.
Throughout history, the ark has been known as a vessel that carried its passengers from a frightening storm to a place of peaceful rest. The Ark Hospice team believes its calling is much the same. Whether it’s exceptional nurses who manage medication and pain levels or skilled social workers who address family issues, our team is committed to navigating these uncharted waters with you and your family.
After a hospice referral is made, our team begins the process of caring for your loved one. We work with the doctor, patient and family to develop an individualized plan of care. Needed medications, supplies and equipment are delivered and set-up. Most importantly, our team members regularly make visits and stand ready whenever care is needed.
The Ark Hospice team is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Please contact us to discuss how hospice care can benefit your loved one and family. We will be honored to serve you on the journey.
Who Qualifies for Hospice Care?
Patients who have a medical prognosis of life expectancy of six months or less, if the illness runs its normal course, are eligible for hospice care. A physician must make this determination.
Where is Hospice Available?
We coordinate hospice care with your family and caregivers in the comfort of your home, an assisted living facility, or skilled nursing facility.
What We Do
- End-of-life care that supports the needs and wishes of the patient and family
- Pain and symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support as well as grief counseling
- Care with an extra touch through volunteers and pet therapy
- Respite care for families and caregivers
Who Pays for Hospice Services?
All care provided by the hospice team is covered by the Medicare Part A benefit as well as most private insurers, Medicaid and Veteran’s benefits. This includes:
- Physician, nurses, aides, chaplains, social workers, volunteers and bereavement support.
- Medication that is related to the hospice diagnosis
- Medical equipment (bed, wheelchair, lift, etc.)
- Medical supplies (briefs, mattress covers, wipes, etc.)